Monday, January 30, 2017

Word Count (belated) Wednesday


I have been working on a few literary pieces, but it is mostly all up here in my mind. It has been days since I could put my ideas into writing, because, well, you know, life.

I desire to complete my experiments all very fashionably late. So here is my idea for my children's book:

It is set in medieval times. In the beginning of the story, a little boy does not want to go to the dentist. His grandmother tells him that everybody needs to go to the dentist, even Geoff the Giant.

I am not sure exactly how I want to do this, but I do know that I want to make a story about this. As I was getting my braces put on a couple of weeks ago in the back of the office, their back door was propped open to get the air flowing, as well as to reveal the unsettling sound of some pipe/concrete renovating being done what seemed like yards away. I told my orthodontist that it sounded as though a giant was getting his teeth drilled. He and his assistant laughed and I thought, what a cool concept for Experiment #1.

I feel good about my ideas. I feel like they are just they sort of stuff I would like to read, so I guess I am heading in the right direction. I just want to actually complete an experiment and not just let these ideas swim around in my mind. Please feel free tell me to get it together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment