Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ode To Frozen Milk and Sugar

Today as I was walking to my car, I realized I was unintentionally stalking a girl heading in the same direction. I also realized she was on the phone with a friend and after a few moments, I realized she was trash-talking my best friend: ICE CREAM!!!

"Yeah, I don't know. It's just like I realized it's like frozen milk and sugar, and I don't want that going in my body, ya know?"

And I could not help but think, No, I don't know. Please help me to understand. So here is a poem that I wrote to appreciate ice cream. (Consider this an "I do believe in fairies" ritual.)


Ode To Frozen Milk & Sugar

There you sit upon your waffle cone throne
Three scoops of vanilla
Plain but pure and rich


I buried you beneath whipped cream blankets
and sprinkled particles of rainbow sugar
upon thee, O Delicious Delight


You tasted perfect today
You were not too icy
Nor too soupy
And though I know you attack
My teeth, my gut, my heart, still
I scream for ice cream




No comments:

Post a Comment