Thursday, February 9, 2017

Word Count Wednesday #3

So I have been working on my narrative, and I'm done for.
Being part of House Wishward, I have the closest deadline and way too many ideas as to how I want this novel to go. It could be so mind-blowingly awesome if I could just organize my thoughts. I am really going to have to figure out what the blooming buns I am up to with this work.

There is really just so much going on with it. I want it to be an amazing piece with inception and a world with crazy rules and exceptions that bring about the conflict. All ideas for organizing my thoughts are welcome! I also wouldn't mind a sympathizing "Happens to me all the time!" either. ;)

Thanks, y'all! And have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Keep in mind that although the world-building details and rules are important, character is the vital thing. We can learn the rules as we go... but as readers we'll want to meet a main character we'll fall in love with (or at least be fascinated with). To that end, if you are trying to figure out where to begin, figure out a way we can you can show us your character's personality. Is he/she a person who takes risks? A person with low self-esteem? A person who loves to show off? A person who takes pleasure in being the smartest person in the room? A person who cannot stand to see injustice in the world?


    What can happen in your first chapter that will give us a glimpse of your main character(s)?

    PS: This happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know personally for me, I'm a big fan of making lists and planning. Awful at the actual pen to paper thing, but I sure can organize an entire story down to details.
    If you want, try making a master list of ideas in the form of bullet points. Bullet points can include major plot ideas, character introductions, details about that one background character from that one scene you may or may not add. Once you have this master list, create a new document and transfer over what you think the best ideas and details are. After you finish transferring, try putting them in order of your story timeline. This helps me decide what twists to use, when characters should be introduced, and whether certain details are even worth putting in (and if they are when to reveal them to the reader).

    Hope this helps in some way!.... but, it's possible I am just crazy.

    ReplyDelete