Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Time To Count My Words

zer0

After the narrative work, I am taking a tiny break, but I will want to get started on something else. Maybe I will expand on my Chapter and develop my characters a bit better. Or maybe I will get started on a new idea altogether. Still don't know yet...

I feel blocked. Sometimes I feel like all the best stories have already been told. I know it isn't true and every story has value as long as SOMEONE can enjoy/relate to it. But I can't help but imagine a timeline and wonder how many stories are being invented right at this second or 20 years exactly from this moment. When I think I have a good idea, I wonder if someone has already thought it up. I think about that other person, who they are, where they live, what time they lived in, what made them and I think of the same things.

Reading...
In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway
I love it! But it is confusing as fudge! Can't wait to see how all the stories tie together. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think about the plight of originality as well. But something to consider is that no one has your exact perspective. There may be a seemingly infinite amount of love stories, revenge stories, quest stories, etc... but your writing will have a unique storytelling style.

    For example, in this post you wrote: "But I can't help but imagine a timeline and wonder how many stories are being invented right at this second" -- I believe that, even those words aren't all that complicated, no one has ever written that exact sentence before. (By the way, I googled it with quotes around it, and nothing came up.)

    Whether you start something new, or continue with the next chapter, I'm excited to see what you create next.

    ReplyDelete